Wednesday, February 23, 2011

february 2nd.

as i continue my personal education and exploration into cone 6 glazes i feel like i am stuck in groundhog day. and just like bill murray, i learn things the hard way, adjust, and follow with a TINY step forward.  then, at the end of a long day, i close my eyes to rest for a new day. i wake to my alarm only to find out "OMG its february 2nd........AGAIN!"

ok, so its not quite that bad....but it definately feesl like it sometimes.

these are the days i miss my mountain potter community the most.  i unloaded the kiln yesterday. of course i didnt remember to put my witness cones in...(i was in a hurry, it was sunday, the sun was shining and it was warm. i wanted to play outside. now, you know i didnt end up leaving the studio until after sunset....but....i digress). the last firing was slightly overfired on the top shelf. i thought i had maybe poorly loaded it. nope. something needs some tweaking! i am taking the day to research, pouring over books and clicking from website to website website. I CAN DO THIS DARNIT! :) but boy do i miss my potter community. instant easy answers, where are you???

for now, this expirience will mae me a better potter, and a better person. i just know it! and i will reward myself: starting some seeds in the garden today, fixing yellow tofu curry for supper tonight...all is not lost. two thirds of the "cycle" complete :).

wishing you all the best and as always thanks for reading!

~trista

Finding me:

asheville river arts district
95 roberts street
asheville, north carolina


email: tristahudzikpottery@yahoo.com