Wednesday, October 05, 2011

I 40 East

it was definately a tough decision for us to make.  when nick ( aka my best friend, my biggest fan and my partner in crime!) and i first decided to move back to the mountains our conversation went something like this:

"i miss asheville"
"i miss asheville too"
"but i love the beach"
"i love the beach too"
"well, then what do we do?"
"well, which one would you rather vacation in?
and which one would you rather live in?"

suddenly, for both of us, our choice was very clear.  today i head home down i40 east, back to beaufort.  the thought of leaving the beach once made me sad and nostalgic. i feared leaving our coastal community behind! but as my hubby waits patiently for me back in beaufort, my fears are washed away. we are ridiculously excited to come back up to the hills where our home is.  with a little bit of luck and a little bit of determination, we both hope that soon, our path will be reversed, and that home will once again be in western nc. and that our awesome little coastal town will only be six short hours away.
for now, heading back to the coast, we will both keep in mind to appreciate these last weeks doing the things we love: riding bikes, boating, fishing, kayaking, walking on the beach and spending time with our "beaufort family" all the amazing people who have come into our life and blessed us since we went east. it will be a sad day, for sure, leaving behind my studio that we both worked so hard for. it will be sad to leave our cozy little historic town, but coming home is going to be amazing!
*
and now, for a little business...
*
stay tuned, as i am trying to coordinate a little moving sale event at the studio so everyone can come by before trista hudzik reynolds pottery heads back to the hills.

as always thanks for reading and wishing you well
~trista

Finding me:

asheville river arts district
95 roberts street
asheville, north carolina


email: tristahudzikpottery@yahoo.com