Monday, August 23, 2010

its a dog day....

my husband nick has a quote i really find to be a mantra, of sorts, at times. especially lately, i find myself repeating it over and over again...
"if some days, simply tying your shoes is the best you can do, then be satisfied that you have done the best you can that day."
sometimes i feel a need to do it all. and do it all myself. blah, blah, blah. poor me right? no. none of that business...maybe more like poor us. we all share this innate feeling to some extent.
anyway, this morning as i am scrambling to compose my day, i throw my hands and the air and say "BUT WHAT IF I CANT FIND MY SHOES!??!!!". HA!
lately i feel pretty overwhelmed with things. lots of things, but mosty complicated by one thing. most people know i love animals. i especially love my animals. here in the casa de reynolds we have a small collection of animals. the queen is a 15 year old springer spaniel named ophelia.. yep, 15. she's my old lady dog. she's had a tough time lately. this has  kept me home from the studio a lot. whether it be to take her to the vet or just lay on the floor and pet her, i find myself making some tough choices. choose between my career/life calling and my dog. am i crazy??? no many people deal with this personal battle i think. i am just lucky enough (or maybe unlucky enough? ) to have the chance to make that decision. 
the conclusion? i cant keep staying home with ophelia every time she feels bad. but what i can do is take her to the studio with me. problem solved. for now. so should you get the chance to swing by the studio, you might just be lucky enough to meet my little old lady.

Finding me:

asheville river arts district
95 roberts street
asheville, north carolina


email: tristahudzikpottery@yahoo.com