Wednesday, September 25, 2013

sparkle

goblets that jingle!

these goblets are inspired by two things:
1) i believe that because of surprises, life stays exciting
2) i will never fall out of love with the notion of magic

it came to me as an inspiration after attending a workshop given by julie wiggins at HCC.  she made these sweet little covered jars that, essentially, had a lid that jingled when you lifted it! oh my goodness!  the joy and surprise of lifting that lid! in a word, it was magical. 
so, considering i am all about sparkly-happy-lovely-surprises, i knew i HAD to find a way to incorporate "jingle-y things" into something that i make! the most obvious way for them to compliment my work, was to incorporate them into my goblets. standing only about five inches tall, i make them smaller than the usual goblets. the "bells" are in the stem. 

Finding me:

asheville river arts district
95 roberts street
asheville, north carolina


email: tristahudzikpottery@yahoo.com