Wednesday, April 13, 2011

settling in...

i am working on bowls this week. doing some brushwork with underglazes and some carving. hopefully i can get the kiln working correctly soon...i am so excited for my new glazes!

on another note: its funny what you learn about yourself when you move... i learned my three most treasured objects were my day of the dead dolls made of clay (delivered carefully across the country by my folks from sante fe), my riddell wine glasses and the akira satake pitcher nick gave me for christmas this year. these are the things i was afraid to even put in a box and were carried by hand to the new house.




i'm feeling pretty settled on ocean street. i am so excited about all the space and the yard, and the dogs are LOVING it!!! but until now i was really really missing pine street.  then, late last night, i walked out onto my front porch and do you know what i heard? no, not zooming cars, not barking dogs or sputtering air conditioning units, or the elks club...i heard the ocean. THE OCEAN!!! from my front porch!!!! suddenly, i dont miss pine street so much anymore.

off to go make pots now...
.
wishing you well and as always, thanks for reading!

~trista

Finding me:

asheville river arts district
95 roberts street
asheville, north carolina


email: tristahudzikpottery@yahoo.com