Tuesday, November 15, 2011

studio stroll

this weekend was the river arts district studio stroll...
it was fun to be a fly on the wall, while still being involved. we drove up saturday morning to see hundreds of people milling around the areas. HUNDREDS.... i was overwhelmed. luckily, my pots were in BFT so i stayed in the studio and worked on the pots i have made since i've been here.
here a few pics of my building. i wish i had taken more of the studio stroll as a whole, but....i didn't.
a couple of my super cool studio mates selling their pots

beautiful mountain morning

97 roberts street (not to be confused with the roberts street studios)

97 c thats where we b

all in a day
check out this article in the 
lots of really awesome pictures!

i've been doing a lot of hand building this week because my wheel was out of order. i learned that hand building is much slower than i thought! seemed like i used to be much more efficient. i am using some new molds: i blame them...HA!
the wheel is now back in working order. my hubby replaced the mother board (ugh, i hate that term, that same term has killed several of my computers!!!). i can't wait to get going!!!
 now, i am on my way back to beaufort. i intend to fire back to back glaze firings. i will also pack up the studio...its going to be really hard.  i loved the heck out of my little building. BUT i am so so sooooo happy to be moving into my new studio in asheville. 
thats all for now
as always, wishing you the best and thanks for reading!
~trista

Finding me:

asheville river arts district
95 roberts street
asheville, north carolina


email: tristahudzikpottery@yahoo.com