Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Photos

New photos are up! I have added a slide show to the blog. These featured pots were all made within the last three years. They are fired to approximately cone 10 in a gas kiln with a fairly light reduction atmosphere. They are glazed with layers of ash glazes and other glazes to create this fluid characteristic that I have been interested in. I am inspired by the suggestion of nature created by the combinations and textures of the glazes. This is my jumping off point to my current exploration into salt and soda firing. As a lifelong resident of North Carolina, I am intrigued by NC's heritage in pottery. These traditional potters often used salt in their kilns combined with alkaline glazes (ash glazes). I feel it is important to preserve this tradition, while I also intend to combine this style with my own, slightly more modern approach. When the kiln is complete I will post pictures with the results as we fire it!

Finding me:

asheville river arts district
95 roberts street
asheville, north carolina


email: tristahudzikpottery@yahoo.com